Friday, May 22, 2009

Turkey Recap 2009




Well I would love to be able to say that I called in a nice big Tom and put a well placed arrow in him but that is not the case. I can't say that I didn't try my hardest though, I am convinced that turkey hunting is one of the tougher hunts you can do, up at 3 am and in MN you can hunt till sunset so that puts you right around 830 pm this time of year. It isn't the physical part of it just the lack of sleep, after seven days of it you can't wait for the season to end and the weather where do I begin? I love this state but honestly the weather can change on a dime on Saturday morning I had 3 layers of Under Armour on with temps in the mid 30's and winds in the upper 20's it wasn't warm but I knew it wouldn't last, by Wednesday I woke up to 72 degrees and winds that blew a steady 45-53 MPH all day long and by noon the temps were in the mid 90's you have to love it. I definitely had my opportunities but just couldn't seal the deal but I had a blast trying. The only picture I really have is of the load you have to carry around when trying to hunt these buggers with a bow plus camera equipment it makes a guy wonder how much work a turkey is worth? The other picture is from a recent carp shoot only a week and a half till we can shoot at night can't wait.

No comments: