Friday, October 10, 2008

08 MN DOE




One week ago exactly I harvested my first out of state deer and tonight I am pleased to say I put a nice home grown central Mn doe on the ground. I hurried from work at 2:00 and headed home to grab my check and get it to the bank on time and then busted tail to the woods. I had a strait east wind which ruined my original plan to hunt behind the farm. I went to my little honey hole that works well with a east wind and scurried up the tree with my saddle, I can't say enough good things about the saddle; quiet, versatile, and most of all comfy. I was hanging out for about 1 1/2 hours when out came my doe all by herself, she bee lined basically right for my tree as if she was on a string. She turned broadside at 22 yards and I grunted to stop her and let the ole Montec get in her and eat! No tracking necessary. That was my 3rd hunt in a row that either I or someone else harvested a deer not a bad streak to have going. Beautiful weather and just a great night to be in the woods.

No comments: