Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sept. 20th- 21st

Well after being on the road all week working all I wanted to do was see the family and get to the woods. All week the temps were maybe in the low 70's with morning temps hovering around 55. Of course by sat afternoon they were well into the upper 70's and sun was even in the low 80's. Not very enticing to go into the woods but being the die hard I am I spent a few hours in the morning and night hanging in the tree. Sunday night I even talked dad into coming into the woods with me. Boy was he regretting it. Thanks dad! We never did see a deer this weekend but did hone in a little on where they might be hanging out. The woods is still full of vegetation and lots of corn standing. The next few weeks should start picking up. I have a hunt planned on Oct.4th-5th for Wisconsin and am looking forward to filling my EAB (earn a buck) tag. I have to give my wife a lot of credit she puts up with lots of lonely nights being married to a construction worker that loves to hunt. Thanks, Ash I love you and Miles a ton.

No comments: