Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Labor Day



Happy Labor day to all. I love Labor day, not only because we all have the day off to thank all of those hard working men and women who keep this great country running, but because it brings us into the best month all, September I can't say enough great things about September but the best being hunting season. Bow opener is so close I can taste it. I was in the woods for about 3 hours on Monday hanging stands and clearing a very small amount of brush. I know some of you are wondering why I wait so long to hang my stands, I have a few reasons but number 1 I can pick the oak tree with the most acorns. I found two trees that are producing a good mast of acorns. I also played around in my tree saddle some more and actually shot out of it. I was very surprised that it is not much different than standing in your stand. I shot pretty good considering the wind blowing me around in the tree like a rag doll. I don't mind shooting when it is windy it is good to know what to expect from your equipment. Two weeks to go and it will be here way quicker than you think so if you have been procrastinating anything you better get it done now. I also picked up all of my tags for Minnesota on Monday so I am legal for another year. Good luck to all these first few days of the season and shoot strait.

No comments: