Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Finally !!!







Well it finally happened, I have had my cameras out for almost two months and I had yet to get a decent buck on film. Well I checked one of my cameras last Friday night and I got a good one. He is a solid bodied buck with a nice spread to boot. I need him to put some inches on his tines and when he does he will be a shooter for sure. Every day we get closer to the archery season, I don't think I have ever been as ready as I am this year hopefully all the hard work will pay off.



On a side note I had a comment on my last post that asked if we ate those ugly looking Gar up here. The answer to that is yes we do. You would all be surprised on how they taste, it is a tougher meat but not any tougher than shrimp or lobster, the wife loved it and she is a very picky eater. So if you ever get the chance to try some gar give it a shot. As for the carp no those we use for fertilizer it's to bad we can't find a better use for them because we have plenty.

No comments: